Total Pageviews

Wednesday 7 November 2012

07/11/2012 A sad time for U.S Amatuer Boxing



After recent Comments from former American amateur Boxing president Hal Adonis regarding homosexuality and child abuse, all U.S amateur Boxing has been suspended for three months.

He was reported telling the New Yorker magazine in May, "half of our girls have been molested; half of our girls are gay", and that physical abuse in childhood was a good grounding for a career in boxing.

He was quoted as saying: "When kids call me up, I say: 'Let me ask you an honest question: have your parents ever hit you?' If they say no, I say: 'I don't think you belong in boxing.'
"My father invented child abuse... I learned how to play chess when I was six years old. My father would have a strap and smack me across the face if I made the wrong move. So when I got on to the streets and got into boxing, I was so used to getting hit it was like, hey, this is nothing!"

He also went on to say, "before a fight I'd start smacking them real hard in the face. Because you feel, in boxing, the first couple punches. After that, the endorphins kick in and it's like someone gave you Novocain."

And pointing out a female boxer to the New Yorker's interviewer, he said: "Let me tell you a story about her: she was raped by a member of her family when she was a little girl! Half of our girls have been molested; half of our girls are gay."

After these incredibly strong and personal comments it leaves all American amateurs some as young as 12, without a ring to step into for the next 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment